新概念3Lesson57country词汇和句型知识点整理20-23

2021-09-07 14:10:56

新概念3Lesson57country词汇和句型知识点整理20-23
20. So I drove back to the town and began to retrace the route, taking frequent glances at the map. 
于是我驾车返回小镇,重新按路线行驶。
(1)retrace v. to go back exactly the way you have come 折返
After a few minutes, he turned around and began to retrace his steps.
几分钟后,他转过身来,开始往回走。
(2)take / shoot / throw / cast a glance at … 扫视……
The couple at the next table cast quick glances at us.
邻桌的那对夫妇匆匆瞥了我们一眼。
新概念英语听力
新概念英语第一册单词
新概念英语第一册听力

21. It was not that I actually remembered anything at all, but (that) my father had described over and over again what we should see at every milestone, after leaving the nearest town, so that I was positive I should recognize it as familiar territory.
这倒并非是我背熟了地图,而是父亲曾详细给我讲了在过了离故乡最近的那个小镇后,在每一个路标处可见到些什么。因此,我相信这段路对我来说会是很熟悉的。
(1)It is/was not that …, but (that) …
不是因为……, 而是因为……
It was not that Bruce always underestimated difficulties. He simply had no sense of danger at all.
布鲁斯并非总是低估困难。他根本没有危险感。
= It was not that Bruce always underestimated difficulties, but (that) he simply had no sense of danger at all.
not that …, but that … 不是因为……, 而是因为…… 
Not that I love Caesar less, but that I love Rome more.
不是我不那么爱凯撒,而是我更爱罗马。
— Shakespeare ‘Julius Caesar’
(2)over and over (again) 一再地,屡次地,三番五次地
I’ve told you over and over (again) not to do that.
我一再告诉你不要那样做。
同义短语: again and again=time after time=time and (time) again=many times=repeatedly
(3)be positive (that) … 对……确定
Are you absolutely positive you locked the door?
你肯定你锁门了吗?
同义短语I was sure / certain / confident / convinced (that) … =I had no doubt (that) …=I bet (that) …

22. I had come ten miles since leaving the town, and at this point, according to my father, I should be looking at farms and cottages in a valley, with the spire of the church of our village showing in the far distance.
从小镇出来,我走了10英里。照父亲的说法,我面前应是一个山谷,有农场与村舍。还可远远望见老家村子里的教堂的尖顶。
(1)come = travel行驶
Some of the birds have come thousands of miles to winter here. 
有些鸟已经到几千英里外的地方来过冬了。
(2)(with +) n. + 非谓语
The silence was suddenly broken when a large car, with its headlights (being) on and its horn blaring, roared down the arcade.
寂静突然被打破了,一辆开着前灯、鸣着喇叭的大车呼啸着驶进拱廊。

23. I decided that I must have taken a wrong turning somewhere.
我认为我可能拐错弯了。
(1)decide  不一定译为“决定”,而常常译为“(在考虑之后)确定,断定,认为”,尤其是其后加 that 引导的宾语从句时。
The pie committee decided that the best way to transport the dish would be by canal, so they insured it for the trip.
馅饼委员会认为最好的运输方式是通过运河,所以他们为这次旅行投保。
(2)turning (BrE) / turn (AmE) n. 道路转弯处
He must have taken a wrong turning in the dark. 
他一定是在黑暗中拐错了弯。

上一篇:

下一篇:

Copyright© 2015-2020 荣登网版权所有